Thursday, September 11, 2008

Thursday 13, Remembering Sept. 11, 2001



1. Sept. 11, 2001 was a beautiful fall day.
2. I was teaching pre-k and we had just come in from morning recess.
3. Our Asst. director, came into my classroom and told us (me and my asst.) that our country was under attack.
4. 2 planes had hit the Twin Towers and one had hit the Pentagon.
5. I was stunned, shocked and could hardly comprehend what she was telling us.
6. After she left the room, my asst. and I turned on the radio to hear the news.
7. I remember the announcers talking about the strength of the buildings to withstand such a horrific hit.
8. Within the hour, both of those magnificent buildings would be no more.
9. And then we heard of another plane.
10. Why would it crash in a field in Pennsylvania?
11. Later we would know of the heroes on board Flight 93.
12. Who would give the ultimate sacrifice, to stop this evil plan.
13. September 11th is a day that I pray we will never, ever forget!


6 thoughts from Y*O*U:

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

#13 - Amen.

The details just stay etched in the mind, don't they...

Amy said...

Cheryl, you right in saying we should never forget. God bless you for sharing and reminding us about the heroes that day.

Susan and Lee said...

can you believe it's been 7 years? It seems like yesterday. I was teaching at the time and my friend emailed me during my planning period. THe other teachers on my team and I gathered in one room while we didn't have kids to watch some of the coverage and we saw the buildings collapse. It was horrible.

Natalie said...

There are still a lot of hurting people out there. We must continue to remember them in prayer.

Fran said...

I don't think I will ever forget that feeling that day. My heart was so heavy yesterday. Always praying for our leaders. Could you imagine the decisions they have to make on any given day??

I love ya,
Fran

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

Those details are forever ingrained on my mind and heart