Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I got a great report at the doctor yesterday. Everything looks great, my blood pressure is perfect, I only gained one pound since my last check up, the baby looks completely healthy and is right on track...........

except........

the little rascal has flipped around and is now breech!!!!


When we had a sonogram at 34 weeks, he was in the proper position, so sometime over the past 2 weeks, he flipped. The ironic thing is that I know exactly when it happened! This past Saturday night, I was sitting on the couch, trying to relax. We had a super busy day and although I was exhausted, I had to let my body unwind before I went to bed. Steven had gone to bed early because he was fighting getting sick. While I was sitting there, I began feeling some serious pressure. It went down into my legs and in my back. I was also having some contractions but nothing consistent. I remember thinking, "Oh Lord, please not tonight." After about an hour, all the pressure and contractions subsided. But now I'm pretty sure, Asher was just practicing his somersaults!

Please pray that he will get back into the right position because if not, I'll have to have a c-section and I sure don't want that!

When we left the doctor yesterday, I told Steven, "I hope this isn't a sign of things to come with this child!"

Love y'all!

6 thoughts from Y*O*U:

Mindy said...

I will be praying for you Cheryl!
I hope he turns......I had so many contactions and pressure with B, I thought for weeks I was in labor but obviously, I was wrong....when thry induced (4 days before my due date, I was Like 2 inches or maybe less....

connorcolesmom said...

Praying for Asher to flip back
I had a friend whose daughter did the same thing - she was able to get Charlotte to flip back before the delivery
Also they can do things during labor - add pressure to make the baby flip into position

BUT I am praying that the little guy will just flip himself right back down :)

Love you - and thanks for being REAL!
:)
Kim

Angie @ Flibbertigibberish said...

What a stinker! I'll be praying for just one more somersault. Be easy on your mama, Asher!!!

Fran said...

FLIP ASHER FLIP!!!!

Praying for you Momma!
Hugs,
Fran

Natalie said...

Those booger boys! Hopefully you'll feel another somersault soon! We are feeling the anticipation with you!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Somehow I'd lost track of you and so I'm overjoyed to come here and see that it is just about time!