Sunday, June 21, 2009

I'm typing this from hotel room in Lousiville, Kentucky. We are here for the Southern Baptist Convention.
This morning we went to a church that we knew nothing about. When we arrived at the church this morning, we found out that Dr. Frank Page was their guest speaker. Dr. Page is the former President of the SBC and is now on the White House Office of Faith Based and Neighborhood Partnerships. During his sermon, Dr. Page mentioned this committee and the fact that he never dreamed he would have this kind of opportunity. He also made this statement, (it's not an exact quote but it's pretty close),
"I know that I am the 'right-wing fundamentalist' on this committee but I will unashamedly stand and be voice for the Pro-Life movement and the unborn child."
To which the congregation gave resounding applause and lots of AMENS, myself included.

After the service, Steven and I got to meet Dr. Page and share with him that we live in Millen, he used to pastor in Augusta so he was very familiar with Millen. I then shared with him that I am part of a group of bloggers whose purpose to pray and ask God to change President Obama's heart on abortion. Dr. Page was so encouraged and asked us to keep praying. He said that he has a very good relationship with President Obama but that it gets "pretty tense" when it comes to the issue of abortion.

I was so excited about this. It's so easy to get discouraged when you're praying and not seeing any change. But God really used this to encourage me and to renew my passion about praying for our President.

So my challenge to you is, as we pray for our President, lets lift up Dr. Page as well. God has placed him in a key position for a reason.

Love y'all dearly!

3 thoughts from Y*O*U:

Melinda said...

Wow! That is just AWESOME! I'd love to use this next week in the prayer post if you wouldn't mind. Thanks for your heart and commitment, Cheryl!

Big hugs,
Melinda

Mindy said...

I will take up the challenge to pray! That is so encouraging to know that someone is there fighting for the right!

How exciting that you got to meet that person.
Blessings!
Mindy

Anonymous said...

We are praying! There are too many lives at stake not to!