Wednesday, March 14, 2012

NY part 4, The Finale

Even though Tuesday was an exhausting day, I woke up really early Wed. morning. I knew we only had a short time left and I wanted to enjoy every moment. So I quietly got dressed, left the girls sleeping (Garry and Skye were in a different room) and headed to the lobby. I started to walk down the street to Starbucks but since they were serving it in the hotel restaurant, I just got a cup from there. I sat in the lobby, read my devotional, drank my coffee and soaked up as much of NYC as I could. The lobby was decorated so beautifully for Christmas. I snapped this with my phone.

The girls had said that they wanted to go to the Today show and try to get on tv, so when I got back to the room, Garry called and wanted to know if they still wanted to go. They grunted and groaned and basically said, no. But then I convinced them to get up because we only had this one opportunity and they could sleep on the plane! So we got a little bit of a late start but we headed back to Rockefeller Plaza. There was a pretty good crowd gathered around already. At one point, Garry struck up with a lady standing beside us and she was from Statesboro! Small world! A few minutes later, Skye and I had stepped back from the railing and we were looking through the window into the studio, when Michael Bloomberg, NYC mayor, walked right in front of us headed into the studio. Eventually Emma and Mia were able to get right up to the railing and while Jeff Kinney, author of Diary of a Wimpy Kid, was being interviewed, they were on tv!

Walking and texting on the streets of New York!

We had an amazing trip, I only wish we could've stayed longer. Thank you Garry and Skye for making this happen. We love y'all and will always remember this trip!

1 thoughts from Y*O*U:

Courtney said...

I've never been to NY, but it sounds like a fantastic trip!

Blessings!