Wednesday, March 7, 2012

NYC part 3

After resting and getting ready, we headed out to the 5 o'clock show. We decided that we'd get something to snack on at the show and eat dinner after. Our hotel was only a short walk, so we arrived in plenty of time. Garry had arranged for us to be able to get in early and meet a Rockette.

Y'all, I cannot even begin to tell you how beautiful the lobby of this theater was! The chandelier was absolutely breath-taking. I wish I had a decent picture to show you but I don't. So after meeting the Rockette, we got our snacks and headed into the show. Emma and Mia sat on about the 8th row and Garry, Skye and I had seats right behind them. To be honest, I wasn't sure what to expect but y'all, I am forever a Rockette fan! The precision in which these girls dance it unfathomable. The sets and the singing blew me away. At one point, they even had a real NYC red tour bus up on the stage. The storyline of the show was about a mom who was trying to get that "it" gift for her daughter, boy could I relate! Eventually, it's Santa that gets the mom to see the real meaning of Christmas. And before I realized it, the mom was sitting on the stage with her daughter reading directly from Luke 2. Now we had been told that no pictures could be taken but when they began the nativity scene, I absolutely could not stop myself. And I hope my pictures help you see why~

During the wise men procession, they had live camels on the stage. I didn't get a picture of them.

We were all amazed at how the birth of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ was represented. (They used those words!) Truly God was glorified through this presentation and I was in tears by the end of the nativity scene.
Since I'd already broken the 'no picture taking' rule, I snapped one more picture at the finale. I was trying to get the Rockettes doing their world famous kicks.
It was an amazing show! If you every have the chance to see it, I highly recommend it.
After the show, the girls wanted to go ice skating at Rockefeller Center. It is just around the block from Radio City Music Hall. It was a little rainy and pretty cold but it didn't dampen our spirits.
After the girls ice skated, we really wanted them to see Times Square, so we started walking. It's a pretty good walk from where we were to Times Square but so worth it!
We ate dinner at a restaurant in Times Square. I can't remember the name of it but we ate upstairs and we were overlooking the M and M store. The food was good but we were so exhausted at that point it really didn't matter.
On the way back to the hotel, we walked up on an event that they were pre-taping for the Rockin' New Year's Eve show. We just missed seeing Jimmy Fallon perform.
It was a fun-filled, packed day! One that I will remember for a long time.
I can't believe a 2 day trip is taking 4 posts but it is!
To be continued.....

1 thoughts from Y*O*U:

Nana said...

Cheryl, thank you so much for taking these pictures and sharing them with all of us. They are some of the most gorgeous pictures I have ever seen.
Now I want to know one thing, oh, and the picture of you all is gorgeous as well, now back to the "one thing". I want to know, when is Lil Garry going to take me(his second mom) and his Mom (meaning Beverly) on a gorgeous trip? We promise not to plan out every second of the trip. :)