Friday, September 4, 2009

"DipTacular 2009"

BooMama is hosting a "DipTacular" carnival and everyone is sharing their favorite dips. Like BooMama, I've never met a dip that I didn't like. If you can eat by dipping a cracker or chip in it, I'm there! I have lots of dips that I love but this is probably my ALL time favorite! I had for the first time several years ago at a family get together. I don't know if it was because I was starving at the time or because it was so hot and this dip is served chilled but I couldn't get enough of it! I don't know if it has an official name, I 've heard it called black eyed pea salsa or redneck caviar but I refer to it as GiGi's dip because it was GiGi who made it. (That would be my Grandmother but all the great grandkids call her GiGi.)

I serve it with the scoop Fritos cause another thing that BooMama have in common is a deep love for Fritos! But it's good with tortilla chips too.

1 can black eye peas, drained (make sure you don't buy the seasoned kind)
1 can Shoepeg corn, drained
1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
1/2 red bell pepper, chopped (optional, I don't ususally add because they're sooo expensive)
2-4 Tbsp sweet pepper relish (any brand but not a spicy pepper relish)
1 8oz bottle italian dressing (I like a very zesty dressing so I buy Wishbone.)

Mix all ingredients together and chill a couple of hours before serving. And let me tell you, the longer this chills, the better it gets! I think I'm going to go make some now to eat while we're having our yard sale tomorrow. And just let me say, GO DAWGS!
So what's you favorite dip?

Love y'all!

3 thoughts from Y*O*U:

sara said...

I make this and it is so good!!!

I also have a deep love of fritos!!

HoodMama said...

I can't wait to try this!
And your previous post, I think I had at least two of the dresses shown. What was it with the giant collars? :)

SnoWhite said...

oh - my swim coach used to make this dip... it's delicious!!

Thanks for stopping by -- this DipTacular was spectacular :)