Monday, September 28, 2009

Well................

I don't really have anything to share but I'm just tired of the Gerber baby post. Not that I'm tired of Asher by any means, it just reminds me of how I've been slacking when it comes to my blog!
So here's some random points, in no particular order:

* We attended a great church yesterday. It was nice just to walk in and enjoy the service.

* Caleb enjoyed his class so much at this church, he literally refused to leave the room when Dougie and I went to get him.

* I think it stunk that the UGA game was on a station that our cable service doesn't carry! So we went old school and listened to it on the radio. Until a friend on FB sent us a link to watch it streaming online. No more old school.

* Speaking of FB, what's up with all the RI-di-culous quizzes. I mean seriously, I don't care how what color converse shoe you are or which Twilight character fits your personality best or the ever popular How well do you know your friend? I mean come on, do you really think it's wise to take a quiz on FB to find out how many kids you should have?! Why not just pull out the good old 8 ball? I know, I know, I can just hide the quizzes (and I do) but when you have one for everything subject under the sun, I feel like I'm constantly doing it! BTW, I don't hide my friends, just the silly quizzes.

* Wow, that was a soap box I didn't know I was standing on!

* Friday night, Asher went to bed at 11:30pm and didn't wake up until 9:30am Saturday morning! Someone shout GLORY with me! I think we've finally turned the corner. He slept just as well Saturday and Sunday night too!

* We are still waiting on God's direction for us but I'm in the midst of a bible study that couldn't be better suited for where we are in our lives! It's called One in a Million by Priscilla Shirer and it is phenomenal. If you have the opportunity to do this study, DO IT!!!

Well I think that's enough randomness for today.

Happy Monday!

Love Y'all dearly,

4 thoughts from Y*O*U:

Thena said...

Glad you did. Because I've been meaning to email you and see how things were going.

jenmom said...

Our ladies group at church have done several of Priscilla's other Bible studies and they have been so good! I took a peek at the one you mentioned and I bet it is awesome!
I am continuing to pray for you and Steven as the Lord guides you to your next place of ministry!
And yes, it is refreshing to be able to "just go to church" sometimes and not have to be responsible for anything but worshiping with God's people!! I totally get you on that one!
Jennifer

Andrew Fuqua said...

If you use FireFox, you can get rid of those quizes, apps and things in facebook with http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/44459 . This comes recommended by knowledgable computer programmers. I'm trying it now.

I think I saw similar things for IE when I googled facebook and clean or cleaner or clear...

Nana said...

Amen, amen, amen on the FB quizes. You want to wonder if everyone's lives are that boring that they have to resort to that. Well spoken Cheryl.
G-L-O-R-Y on Asher sleeping.
Love ya, Can't wait to see ya.