Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Hey!

Hey there. Do you remember me? I used to have a blog, well I still do but I've kind of neglected it lately. And to keep from the awkwardness of you trying to remember my name, let me refresh your memory, I'm Cheryl.
I can't believe it's been 3 weeks since my last post. I won't give you all the typical excuses like; trying to settle into our new home, the stomach bug making it's way through our family and subbing full time; nope, no excuses here, just b.u.s.y, that's the only reason.
What?
What's that you say? I never told you about our new home? Well, let me fill you in!!
If you may remember waaaaay back in Nov. and Dec. we were looking to move out of the parsonage and wanted to find a home to rent. We looked for months to no avail. Our move out date of Jan. 15 was rapidly approaching and we couldn't find anything. We decided that since there are so many homes for sale in our area, maybe we would contact the owners about the possibility of renting. The only problem with that plan is if the owner is still living in the home, they probably don't want to rent it. Then we thought about a house that was just around the corner from us. The family had moved about a year ago and we knew the house was empty. So in late Dec., Steven called the owner and presented our idea. He told us he would need to talk to his wife and get back to us. A few days later, he called and since we'd never seen the inside of the house, he wanted us to meet him there to walk through the house and make sure it would meet our needs. On the day we met him, he told us that he and his wife had never had the desire to rent the home but they'd been praying about our offer and they believed God wanted them to rent their house to us! "My God shall supply all your needs." In a matter of 2 days, we went from having no clue to where we were going to live to having a place just around the corner.
As we walked into the house we were blown away! Now remember, we are a family of 6 moving out of a 3 bedroom, 2 bath ranch house. We walk into the family room and there is a HUGE brick fireplace, I think that sealed the deal for Steven. The next thing I hear the owner say is, "there are 2 bedrooms downstairs and 2 bedrooms upstairs." "Excuse me? Did you just say this is a 4 bedroom house?," I asked. "Yes, and there are 3 and a half baths." OMW!!! "To Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine."
We are absolutely thrilled with our home and although we know it's temporary, we are so grateful for the time we will get to live here as a family. We are already making so many wonderful memories and I hope our children will learn more about God's provision for His children through this experience!

On a side note, for all the wonderful things about this home, the large rooms, the fireplace, the huge yard, the closets (y'all, I can't even begin to tell you about the wonderful closet spaces!) there is one negative. This house was built in the early 70's and y'all, most of the original wallpaper is still on the walls! I know I keep saying y'all, but y'all, if you could see it!!!! It's like the Brady Bunch with a little bit of Austin Powers mixed in! I'm so not exaggerating either! Maybe I'll post some pictures to prove it!

Well, I guess that's enough for now. I hope to be a better blogger and not stay gone for so long. Leave me a comment so I know that at least somebody is reading this!

Love Y'all dearly!


7 thoughts from Y*O*U:

jenmom said...

I'm still with you!! I've been wondering how things were going. I am so excited about your new home!! God just showed off for you guys didn't He!!!!!
Praising God with you,
Jennifer

Jennifer said...

Aunt Cheryl!! I check your blog often...I've missed you!!!

Thena said...

I haven't blogged either for a couple of weeks other than random dozen and then sings my soul memes.
I can totally relate with you about the wallpaper, the house we bought two years ago had the original wallpaper. We have since pulled it all down, and painted. God is so awesome, if we just wait on His timing.
So am I right in presuming ya'll aren't in Augusta yet like originally planned?

MNGMNT9 said...

I am so glad to be a part of your life. Thankyou for getting back in touch with me. You are amazing xxx

Jen said...

So sorry! I haven't been on your blog in a couple of months at least! So glad you guys found a house and can't wait to see a picture of the fireplace! I have always wanted a big ol' firplace! I will def. have to catch up on some of the posts!!!

Nana said...

I will never leave you! lol
Cheryl, I know you have heard the old saying, "You can't have your cake and eat it too".
Though, I never understood it, why would you have cake and NOT eat it???? Oh well, you get the point.
Love you lots girlie.

tonya said...

SO happy about your new, temporary home!! Truth is, we're all just livin' in our temporary home. Yours sounds WONDERFUL!! I may have to struggle w/ envy & covetousness now...just kidding! Blessings to you!