Monday, August 25, 2008

22 with 15 years experience!

Yes, I turned 22 with 15 years experience yesterday! Take a moment to add it together to figure out my age......did you get it yet, ok, let's move on!
Last Wed., Steven called and asked if I wanted to go to Jekyll on Friday night for my birthday. My answer was uhhh....yes! It was even better when some friends of ours said that they would keep Caleb (the other 2 were at their dad's.) Well then Fay had to show up and rain on my parade, literally! So Steven called the hotel and moved our reservations to the weekend after Labor day.
On Friday morning, Steven told me he needed to go to Augusta, so we decided to go that afternoon and since there's only one non-fast food restaurant open in our small town on Friday evenings, we could eat dinner while we were there. I had (in my mind) decided that I was going to suggest Italian even though I generally say, "it doesn't matter." But while driving past the Japanese steakhouse, Steven casually asks, "why don't we come back here and eat when we're done?" My immediate answer was, "ok." I really make life soooo easy for him. You see Mr. Casual had about 4 other couples meeting us for dinner at the Japanese place. I was completely surprised when we walked in and saw our friends.
We had a great dinner and a great time with friends and even though I was originally wishing I were in Jekyll or at the Siesta Fiesta, it turned out to be a very special weekend!

Thanks for all the birthday wishes through fb! I feel so loved!

12 thoughts from Y*O*U:

Sonya Lee Thompson said...

Happy Happy Birthday!

I am glad that you had a hapy day! Your hubby sounds great! God is so good to allow us to enjoy the little things in life.

Have a blessed day, and year!
Sonya

Sherry said...

Happy Birthday!

This is the first time I have visited your blog. I've seen your pretty, smiling face on the comment section of other blogs that I read, too.

Have a very blessed birthday!

BethAnne said...

Ummm, does that make you 7? I never was good at math. Happy 7th Birthday - you are the most mature 7 year old I have ever known (well kind of known).

Hollie said...

Happy "Late" Birthday!! I'm glad you had a wonderful weekend!

Linda said...

Happy Birthday you are so young!!! That was sweet of your husband to plan that little get together for you.
Blessings,
Linda

Natalie said...

Happy "Belated" Birthday, my friend!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Hi, this is my first time here, just wanted to say hi. Happy belated birthday. We don't have a "Jekyll's" around here. Sounds interesting.

Alene said...

Happy belated Birthday girl! I hope you have a wonderful year. Glad your hubby was thinking of you! Blessings and birthday spankin's!

Jennifer said...

I'm a horrible niece!!! I knew your b/day was coming up, moved in that day and didn't get on the internet much. So I forgot! Enough excuses! HAPPY BIRTHDAY...Oh, and Uncle Steven is amazing! :) Love y'all!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet husband! Happy Birthday, friend.

Kelli

Jennifer said...

Happy Belated Birthday. Your hubby knows you too well. What would he have done if you would have said no I really want to go to so and so? What a sweet guy he is.

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

So sweet! Happy Birthday!!! :)