Monday, August 18, 2008

Monday, Monday.......

This pretty much sums up how we're feeling around here today. Poor Caleb barely made it through lunch before he fell asleep!

First let me say thanks for all your comments about the makeup issue. Emma read your comments over the weekend and we've had some good conversations about it! She is no hurry to begin wearing it and I'm so grateful.

Secondly, our family and church has been under some serious spiritual warfare since last week. I don't want to share any details but I'll just say that God has shown Himself strong on behalf of those whose hearts are loyal to Him. (2 Chron.16:9a)
If you think about, please say a prayer for us. Steven started a series of messages 2 weeks ago on the armor of God and we know that what we've experienced is not coincidental.

Now on to the fun we had this weekend!!!!!
Saturday was Picture Day at UGA. This is an event where fans can get autographs from all the athletic teams. Of course, most people are there to meet the football players. Most of the athletic teams were there from 1-3 and then the football team was there from 3-5. Last year, we were able to get autographs from lots of the football players but this year was a different story!! I guess that what happens when you're ranked #1 in the preseason and you have a possible Heisman winner. We at least got autographs from the linebackers and special teams (kickers). Some friends of ours got in the line for the runnning backs (specifically Knowshon Moreno's line) at 1:15 and by 5 they hadn't reached the players so they didn't get anybody's signature!






Mia, Emma, Dougie, Holton, Haven, Chaz and Max waiting on the players to arrive!







This is wait Caleb
did while we waited!









Dougie with the Sugar Bowl trophy.










Dougie with #33, Dannell Ellerbe. He's on the cover of Sports Illustrated this month along with UGA's Stafford and Moreno.




UGA's special teams & kickers.







Ok, I'll stop with the pictures. I thought I had one of Emma with the National Champion GymDogs but I guess I didn't get it! : (

I hope you had a great weekend and have an even better week!

But as for you, you meant evil against me; but God meant it for good. Genesis 50:20

6 thoughts from Y*O*U:

Amy said...

How fun!!! I know the kids had a great time!

BTW, I am LOVING picnik.com!!!!! Thanks for the info.

Fran said...

Y'all are a hoot!!! The pix are awesome! My heart sighed as I saw that baby sleeping. :)

Love,
Fran

Natalie said...

Poor little Caleb. It's so hard to keep up with the big ones. I wish I could borrow some of that sleep :)

Anonymous said...

Goooooo Dawgs! Can't tell you how nice it is see those Bulldog uniforms amidst crazy OU fans here. Thanks for a little reprieve.

Linda said...

It's Thursday and I still feel like Caleb. Looks like the Dawg trip was a hit. I am sorry about the Warfare I have so been there and I know the Lord warns us but it still never ceases to amaze me how really UGLY Satan is and the messes he can create. I will pray for you and your church during this time.
Blessings,
Linda

Hollie said...

GO DAWGS!!