Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Getting to Know You, Christmas Style!!

My friend, Jen posted this on her blog and I thought it was fun.

1. Wrapping paper of Gift Bags?
Both, depending on the gift.

2. Real Tree or Artificial?
I love real trees but ever since Steven and I got married, we've used the artificial tree that he had.

3. When do you put up the tree?
This year we put it up the weekend before Thanksgiving.

4.When do you take the tree down?
Usually right after New Year's day but this year it will probably be right after Christmas.

5. Do you like eggnog?
Yes, the non-alcoholic kind. =)

6. Favorite gift received as a child?
My red bicycle

7. Do you have a nativity scene?
Yes, a Willow Tree set. I bought the pieces over several years.

8. Hardest person to buy for?
my nephew, he's 14.

9. Easiest person to buy for?
My kids!

10.Worst Christmas gift ever received?
I really can't think of anything!

11. Mail or email Christmas cards?
I usually mail cards but in an effort to save some money this year, I'll probably email them!

12. Favorite Christmas movie?
Oh there's so many!!! I really love Elf, Miracle on 34th St., Christmas Vacation, While You Were Sleeping (not technically a Christmas movie) and of course Rudolph!

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
After Thanksgiving but never on black Friday!!

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
NO WAY!

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Peppermint bark, fudge, peanut butter balls.....the list goes on and on!

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree?
clear lights on the tree in our house, colored on the tree on the front porch.

17. Favorite Christmas song?
right now, Chris Tomlin's O Come All Ye Faithful but I also love me some Porky Pig's Blue Christmas. I just can't help myself!!!

18.Travel at Christmas or stay home?
travel, Christmas is a time to see family!

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
Now you know Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Vixen. Comet and Cupid and Donner and Blitzen....but do you recall the most famous reindeer of all? Rudolph the Red nosed reindeer!
Why yes I can!!!

20. Angel or Star on the tree top?
Star

Merry Christmas Y'all!!

2 thoughts from Y*O*U:

jenmom said...

Enjoyed reading your answers! You need to post a picture of the Willow Tree Nativity. I love those pieces! I bet it is beautiful!

Teena in Toronto said...

We don't do Christmas ... we're too lazy :)

Happy blogoversary!