Tuesday, December 29, 2009

G-D-O!!!!

Last Tuesday, while we were visiting for Christmas, my sister in law, Skye, wanted to take Emma, Mia and myself to the American Girl Store and Bistro. Apparently, you need to make lunch reservations waaaay in advance so we decided to take our chances in hopes that someone had cancelled. Emma and I had never been to the store before and to be honest, I wasn't sure if she would still be 'into' it. Can I just say, whoever thought of the concept of the American Girl dolls is a genius!! I couldn't believe the things they have in this store. Anything you would want for your doll or your daughter, they have it! The longer we walked around, the more Emma seemed to enjoy it. Of course Emma and Mia brought their Julie dolls, so we had to look at all the accessories you can buy for her. Then we let the girls get their dolls hair styled Yes, you can get your doll's hair done and here's a little secret for you~ They use a toothbrush, not the official American Girl brush, to style the hair! They want us to buy a $7 hairbrush yet they use a 50 cent toothbrush! Anyway, back to the day....we checked to see if they had any cancellations and we were told that we could eat in the restaurant but that it would be an hour and a half wait. We opted to eat at Chick-fil-a and then did a little shopping in the mall. Then we headed back to the American Girl store and decided to eat dessert. We sat up at the bar and they put the dolls in little chairs. When they gave us the dessert menu, they placed a menu in front of the dolls too!

Emma ordered the fudge brownie sundae. It was A-mazing! As if the brownie, ice cream, chocolate syrup and whip cream weren't enough, they put some rice crispy treat bits in it too!

Mia ordered the chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwich. It was sooo big but that didn't stop Mia from attempting to eat it all. That girl loves her some ice cream and chocolate!When I ordered, I told the server, "I just want a chocolate chip cookie." They were baking them when we sat down and they smelled sooooo good. Well, I got my cookie but it wasn't a plain old cookie~
Skye didn't order a dessert but she did have the rasberry spritzer drink and it was very good too! If the desserts were this good, I can only imagine that the food is outstanding!
I don't know how I missed it but at some point even Julie ordered dessert. ;) She ordered a blueberry muffin.
We had such a good time together. I'm so glad we were able to go. Thank you Skye for treating us! As we said that day, "good times, good times...."

4 thoughts from Y*O*U:

Jennifer said...

Oh MY!!!! I have always wanted to go to that PLACE!!! I have a Josephina doll and some accessories. I would have been in Heaven. I'm glad y'all had a blast!

Rachael. said...

Oh my. We went to the one in ATL at the Northpoint mall the week before Christmas! That place was nuts!

Oh and thanks for the toothbrush hing... grr i spent $7 on a blasted brush.

Love the store thought!!!

Nana said...

Amy,Aunt CC and myself took Alleigh there last year for a special celebration for Alleigh and Aunt CC. We did the dinner there and Alleigh got her dolls hair done as well. It was such a special day for Alleigh and the food was good.

Angie @ Flibbertigibberish said...

Cute post, Cheryl. My girls don't have the dolls yet, but we've walked through the store and it is AMAZING! It makes me want dolls for them. How old was Emma when she got her doll?