Tuesday, January 5, 2010

New Year's Verse 2010

If you're not familiar with my New Year's verse, then go here. Here are my verses from 2008 and 2009.
Steven read a quote to me the other day from Adrian Rogers. "A New Year's Resolution is something that goes in one year and out the other."
I thought that was so cute!
As you know I don't make resolutions any more. I've been praying about what verse God would want for me in 2010. I felt like He wanted a verse about how He works, or remembering the things He's done, something along those lines. Sunday morning during Sunday school, our lesson pointed out the different translations of the word "fear". To give examples of fear, as in awe or reverence of God, it listed Psalm 40:3 and Proverb 9:10. We didn't look at these verses during the lesson but I wrote them down because I wanted to look them up later. That afternoon, I used an online Bible website to look up the verses. (I was snuggled up on the couch and had left my Bible in the van!) When I pulled up the verse in Proverbs, the website listed other verses that were related to it. One of them was Psalm 111:10, so I clicked over to read it. When I read Psalm 111, I knew it was my 2010 verse. The whole chapter describes what I've been feeling and verse 10 is what I hope to achieve. I want to be wise and want to follow and understand His precepts. Notice the order of the verse. So many times we want to understand before we will be obedient but the Word tells us to follow then we will gain understanding. The key to understanding is obedience.

I'm going to start working on memorizing verse 10 (it should be pretty easy) and I hope to memorize all of chapter 111.
Happy New year, Y'all!

0 thoughts from Y*O*U: