Friday, April 18, 2008

One day I might do this.....

This is for all you ladies married to pastors. Have you ever wanted to run up to the pulpit and tell the "whole" story, when your hubbie is using an illustration about your family?
Well, Mrs. Janet Hunt did just that a couple of weeks ago during the Sunday morning service at First Woodstock. For those of you not familiar with FBCW, when she did this, she did it in front of 7000 people!! What a brave woman!
To watch it use the link below. If you have an hour or so to spare, watch the whole service. You will be blessed. If not, Pastor Johnny starts the message at about 36 minutes. He begins the illustration at 52 minutes.

Click here to watch the service!

For those of you who don't get used in sermon illustrations, this will let you know that you probably aren't always hearing the "whole" story when the pastor tells a story about his family!


9 thoughts from Y*O*U:

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

I couldn't get it. If you find I'm doing something wrong and it is clear how to watch it, let me know. :)

Alene said...

Thanks girl for stopping by and praying for my little Will. I love your blog look. Bright and cheery! Blessings.

Unknown said...

I thought of you today. I filled in for Nancy in the single mom's class...brought back lots of memories!

Natalie said...

Looking forward to talking more...

Natalie said...

One more thing...now I feel special :)

Growin' with it said...

I have found you through the minister's wives blogroll. It's always sweet to meet another wife! I absolutely loved this video. Being in the Kid's Ministry saves me from that part of the sermon, but I can identify nonetheless!
~Linda

DeeDee said...

I love it!!!!

Once I had planned to say something before a song in the morning worship (it was our anniversary). I had not told my husband... since the song was dedicated to him. You should have seen his face as I started to walk to the pulpit. He kept asking me, "what are you doing?" I just told him...it was my turn! It was great.

And... by the way, I still have not found out anything about the publishing something previously posted on our blogs... but I will let you know if when I do. :)

Blessins

Susanne said...

Oh my goodness!! That was too funny!!

Our pastor loves Pastor Johnny!

Found you on the Married to the Ministry blog roll. My hubby and I are church planters in SC. So nice to "meet" you.

Have a great day!

Mocha with Linda said...

That is HILARIOUS!! Good for her!