Saturday, April 26, 2008

Please pray right now!

I just answered a phone call from a gentleman in our church. A precious family desperately needs our prayers. Their little 2 year old girl was killed this morning in an accident. Her older brother was backing the car up on the driveway and didn't realize that she was behind the car.
This family doesn't attend our church but their kids sometimes come to our Awana program. Steven is on his way right now to be with them.
I'm so stunned, I didn't know what else to do other than to ask you to join me in prayer.
Let's cry out to Jesus on their behalf.

12 thoughts from Y*O*U:

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

Praying right now for comfort and peace, praying for your husband as he ministers to the family, and praying that this horrible accident brings them closer to Jesus.

Kimberly said...

Oh, yes! I will pray. My heart just breaks to read about this. Thank you for letting us know to pray.

Natalie said...

Oh my Goodness! How tragic. What words of comfort could anyone say at a moment such as this? I am praying specifically for the family as well as for your husband that he can find the appropriate way to comfort this family.

Angie @ Flibbertigibberish said...

Oh my word. This is anyone's worst nightmare, isn't it? I'm praying now for the family, for Steven, and for YOU... may the Lord give you the words and wisdom to know just how to support Steven and the family through this as well.

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

Oh Cheryl--I just read this and I am praying right now.

Natalie said...

It's Monday that I write this comment...any updates on the family?

BethAnne said...

I am praying.......I cannot imagine

Tracy said...

What unimaginable pain for that poor family. Praying for the Lord's wisdom and guidance for those who will be ministering to this family. Thank you for sharing this need.

Anonymous said...

Oh I know about these phone calls! I am so sorry and will pray for this precious family. I can't imagine anything any harder! Please keep us posted.

Kelli

LAURIE said...

I just now came across this post...and I am praying for this family. How tragic, I pray that God will use you, your husband and your church family to reach out to this family in their hour of need. -God bless, Laurie

Mocha with Linda said...

Just saw this. . . . my heart aches for the family and for that sweet older brother who must be beside himself. Praying that God will be very real to them and that the love and support that His people provide will draw them to Him.

Pfingston said...

Praying!
As you know we've just had a large prayer answered so I'm expecting something big for this family! Big hand of God moving.