Monday, April 28, 2008

Update


I saw this rainbow Saturday morning. It literally looked like it reached from one end of our town to the other! I know this picture doesn't do it justice but this was the most beautiful rainbow I'd ever seen. We know that rainbows represent God's promises to us. Promises like hope, His presence, new mercy every morning, everlasting life to name just a few.
When I saw this rainbow Saturday morning, I had no idea that in just a short while, I would hear about a tragedy that is the fear of every parent. And with that news, everything changed. Thoughts of rainbows, plans for the day all seemed so insignificant.
But you know what didn't change?

GOD.

His Promises.

Those will never, ever change.

Don't ever lose sight of that!

Thank you all for your sweet comments and for your prayers. Please keep praying. The father of this little girl seems to be having the hardest time with this tragedy.

8 thoughts from Y*O*U:

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

That's beautiful Cheryl. And so true. So often in life others, situations let us down. But God never fails. His promises endure and are never broken.

Mocha with Linda said...

What a precious reminder of His unfailing love.

How is the big brother doing? I know they must all still be somwhat numb & in shock.

Cheryl said...

The brother is only 7. I'm not sure but I think he must have been playing in the truck and somehow knocked it out of gear.
I think he is doing "ok." I think the trauma will come as he grows older.

Carol said...

Oh my goodness. What a horrible tragedy. My heart is sick. But what a beautiful rainbow and reminder of God's promises. Thanks for visiting me!

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

Cheryl, my heart just aches for this family. I don't know if this makes sense or not, but I was somewhat relieved to read the brother was only 7. I kept picturing a 17 year old. Praying for you, too, as you guys minister to them.

Natalie said...

It's in the small signs like that, that remind us of God's power.

Anonymous said...

Hi Cheryl, still praying for this family. Stop by my blog when you get a chance. I have an award for you.

Kelli

Kimberly said...

I am so glad that He is unchanging. What comfort there is in something as simple as seeing a rainbow when we know what it means.
I am still praying for this family, too. Really puts my life into perspective.
Blessings, sweet Cheryl.