Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Another first!!!

For Christmas, one of Caleb's 'gifts' was a potty. I know, but he's only 2, he doesn't get it yet!
Since then, he's sat on the potty maybe 5 times. Although, I'd love for him to be potty-trained before the baby comes, I realize that he's still pretty young, so I'm not getting my hopes up (or my stress level!)
This morning, Caleb asked to sit on his potty. So we took off his diaper (which was dry) and he sat down. Unlike the times before, I left the bathroom because I figured he'd sit there for 30 seconds and be done with it. A few minutes after leaving the bathroom, I heard him yell, "Mommy, what's that? Mommy, come look!" And I couldn't believe it, my little 2 year old had made 'pee-pees in the potty'!
We immediately called Daddy and then called Grandma to celebrate! Maybe it won't be so bad after all.
Happy Wednesday Y'all!

7 thoughts from Y*O*U:

Mel said...

hoooray!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Praise the LORD!

Jennifer said...

aww how sweet! You should check out my blog. My last post was inspired by you! :) Miss you guys!

sara said...

hooray!!! Hope he can get it down before the baby comes too!!

Susan and Lee said...

that is great Cheryl. If he is interested I would definitely pursue it. Jake seemed interested but I slacked off and he was a little harder to get to do it. He is starting to do better though. I thought teaching 5th graders was hard, but it is nothing compared to this

Nana said...

CONGRATULATIONS Caleb!!!!!!!

Amy said...

Yeah! I'm trying to potty train Emma, too! I forgot how hard it was!