Tuesday, January 27, 2009

No eye has seen........

Y'all I can't even begin to express what an amazing weekend I experienced. Caleb and I left Saturday to head to ATL. He had a weekend getaway with Grandma and Paps while I spent some time with the "Siestas." I got a little late start because we left a few things at home (my Bible and Caleb's Curious George.) So I got to mom and dad's later than I planned. I was supposed to meet the Siestas at 6pm for dinner. On my way to meet them, I realized that my wallet was in the diaper bag.......at mom and dad's......uggghhhh. The enemy was doing all he could to keep from meeting up with these ladies. I finally got to the restaurant and I had a great time getting to know these wonderful ladies.

On Sunday, we met up for worship at FBCW and heard an amazing message by Pastor Johnny. That afternoon we had a luncheon planned, a Mexican Fiesta to be exact that Tammy planned for us! We were having a wonderful time, fellowshipping and enjoying the chocolate fountain, when in walked BETH MOORE, aka "Momma Siesta."


We were all so stunned but so overjoyed. She shared with us how much the blogging community has come to mean to her how grateful she was for us! She is EXACTLY the same in person as you've seen in a video or on a stage. She wanted to take a group picture with us and as we were trying to figure out where to take it, she began pushing a table out of the way. I started to help her but then realized I better not but I remember looking at her and thinking, "Beth Moore is standing right here beside me, moving a table!" I'm a goofball I know!



She was only able to hang out for about 20 minutes because she had other commitments before the concert but after the group picture she began hugging some of the ladies so I walked up behind her and just gently rubbed her on the back and said, "I dearly love you." She turned around and hugged me and to my surprise, posed for a quick picture which Fran was able to take! Thanks Fran!



I look absolutely cheesy in this picture but what can I say?!
After she left we all headed to the sanctuary to wait for the concert. The doors didn't open til 5pm so we just sat around and waited. It was during this time that I got know some of the other ladies even better. It's amazing how God can take the internet and use it to bring friends together.


Fran and I waiting!

The concert by Travis Cottrell was out of this world! It was truly a picture of what Heaven will be like someday.
Here's some more pics from the concert and the rest of the evening~

Me and Sophie, aka BooMama


Laura and I meeting Gov. Perdue.


Melinda and I.


Kim and I after the concert.



Beth worshipping right by our seats!

Before the concert I saw a sweet lady that I hadn't seen in years!


Mrs. Anne was my roomie on my very first mission trip. We went to Ukraine in 1992!
Then after the concert, I ran into a sorority sister that I hadn't seen in many years. We knew that each other was going to be at the concert but are plans to meet we're uncertain. But God ordained it and we were able to see each other!

Me and Stacey.
On the way home from the concert, I was just overwhelmed by God's goodness to me and how he had chosen to give me a weekend that I will never forget. And I said early that the concert was a glimpse of what Heaven will be like but really and truly my whole weekend was a glimpse of Heaven. You see, I was able to meet one of my heroines in the Faith, I saw people who God brought into my life for a specific purpose, I saw friends who will always be life long friends and I met people who I wouldn't have ever met if it wasn't for our bond of Christ. And that's exactly what it will be like in Heaven. We'll get to meet our heroes (with no time constraints!), we'll get to see all our loved ones and we'll get to meet fellow believers and we'll all be together for the sole purpose of worshipping the ONE who created us and saved us!

"No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love Him." 1 Corinthians 2:9


8 thoughts from Y*O*U:

BethAnne said...

Love these pics....sad I wasnt there with you guys.

Melinda said...

"No mind can conceive..."

Indeed.

I'm bowled over by the IMMENSE blessing of our meeting this weekend. May God work through it in ways we can't even begin to comprehend.

Love you,
Melinda

Mindy said...

I have to say I'm a little jealous you got your picture made with Beth.....
And btw -- you just look darlin' with your pregnant belly!

In HIM -
Mindy

Fran said...

The only thing I can say is "my heart is soooo full." Full of many things and emotions.

What a treat to see you, hang out with you, worship with you, laugh with you. You are the real deal.

I love ya so much. I'm praying for you always too. :)

Hugs,
Fran

Deedra said...

Cheryl, It was just great getting to meet your adorable self this weekend! I had such a great time! You girls are a blast! The concert was amazing...I just can't manage to say enough about it!

Can't wait til next time!!

Deedra

Kaylan said...

Hey Cheryl! Thanks for the well wishes! I can't believe y'all got to meet Beth Moore! My gracious, that's so awesome. I wish i could have gone with you and Laura, I had no clue that was all going on over the weekend.
I don't know if Caleb told you, but I played hide and go seek with him and the other 3 for a hr. that night! Haha, I love them so much!
I'm so happy y'all had such a wonderful time. I'd love to hear even more details the next time I see you! Love you lots,
Kaylan

Gayle @ thewestiecrew said...

God was so sweet to give us such an amazing weekend, huh?
What a blessed time that I, too, will treasure in my heart forever.
SOOOO glad we met...

Michele said...

It is amazing how this night is all over bloggersville! I was there also and I agree, it was a glimpse of heaven. I blogged it about it today too. Words just do not do the night justice. I so badly would have loved to have been in the room with you guys to meet Beth!