Tuesday, May 27, 2008

For lack of a better title, Weekend Recap!

Our weekend was filled with graduation ceremonies, parties, picnics and a whole lot of fun.
We started by attending the graduation Friday night of our local high school. Several kids from our church were graduating.
Emma, Brookes and Dougie.
Brookes was valedictorian of her class!
She's as sweet as she is smart!!!







Brookes, me and Katelyn.
I have had the privilege of
mentoring these two sweet
girls.


Saturday morning, we headed to the farm, which is the house that my grandparents built. Before the graduation party, we got in a little fishing. I love to see my kids fishing in the same pond I grew up fishing in!



Dougie and Paps (my dad).

This is the pond we were fishing in.








Emma and Jared, the graduate!
It's so hard for me to believe that he is
old enough to graduate!!!





Here are some of the great grand kids.

Back: Holton, Dougie, Anson

Front: Haley, Haven, Emma, Jessie and Hannah







Emma and Dougie left Sunday morning to go on a trip with their dad. :(
On Sunday afternoon, we had a church picnic. We had a great time fellowshipping and eating but I didn't take one picture. I'm sure you're relieved.
On Memorial Day, Steven left at 6am and went fishing on the Savannah river with a friend. Caleb and I did absolutely nothing! He slept until 9:45 am. He ate his breakfast and within an hour, he was asking to go take a nap. So he went back to bed and slept til almost 1pm!
I laid on the couch and watched the Jon and Kate plus 8 marathon!
After Steven got home, we invited some friends over and we cooked some hamburgers and hot dogs. I think we actually ate about 8pm. But it was a fun day.
I hope you had a great weekend as well!

2 thoughts from Y*O*U:

Natalie said...

Nap Time!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend! I just love holidays. Take care.

Kelli