Monday, May 5, 2008

Yard Sale!



We hosted a church-wide yard sale this weekend to raise money for our trip to Costa Rica. From July 18-25, we will be doing mission work with Score International in Costa Rica. The yard sale was a huge success and we raised over $1100! Almost everyone has raised the money they need through support and fundraising!

Here's Ms. Peggy trying to demonstrate how to use the Nordic Track.

These are the 'check-out' girls. The little table that we used for checking out, came from the church foyer. I'm pretty sure that every person who came to the sale inquired about that table. We probably could have sold it for a great price but decided we'd better not!


Caleb and Steven trying not get sunburned. Caleb wouldn't keep this cute hat on, but we tried!


While we were cleaning up, no one was paying attention to Caleb.
He was trying his hardest to get into this bag of hotdogs. He was determined...........

Finally, he succeeded!!!



5 thoughts from Y*O*U:

Unknown said...

I am so excited for you all and can't wait to hear more about the trip to Costa Rica! It is awesome how the Lord is using you and Steven in ministry. Love you!!

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

Awesome and looked like fun

~*Kathi*~ said...

Hi! I just found your journal on CWO blogroll..I am really enjoying it! I am adding you to my links so that I can come back and visit.
I love yard sales, this one looked like a great one!
1100 is a great total!
Be Blessed...Kathi

http://theassistantpastorswife.blogspot.com/

Natalie said...

I LOVE yard sales. I have no shame in admitting that! I hope your's went well!

Angie @ Flibbertigibberish said...

We used to do a big church yard sale and I LOVED it! Looks like you had lots of fun, and what a success!