Thursday, May 1, 2008

Tidy Bowl Man meets the Tooth Fairy

Anyone who spends some time in our home will quickly come to realize that Caleb is obsessed and I mean obsessed, with brushing his teeth.
So just a few minutes ago, I gave him his toothbrush to chew on while I called Lifeway. I was on hold, sitting at the computer checking the bank account, when I heard an unususal sound.
I heard the 'tapping' of the toothbrush, like when you and I finish and tap it on the side of the sink. But Caleb isn't tall enough to tap it against the sink. Oh yeah, did I mention that he has developed a love for playing in the toilet bowl?
It took a couple of seconds for my feet to catch up with what my mind was telling them but when I rounded the corner to the restroom, Caleb was bringing the toothbrush up from the toilet bowl water towards his mouth!!!!
SuperMom kicked in and I lept from the door to the toilet in a single bound and grabbed that toothbrush in one fail swoop!
He wasn't very happy when he saw me throw it in the trash. He began wailing and gnashing his teeth. (Sorry I couldn't resist!) I promised him I'd buy him a new one but he couldn't have that one.
And all the while, this took place, I was still on hold!

20 thoughts from Y*O*U:

Angie @ Flibbertigibberish said...

LOL! All I have to say about that is... there's been a few cases here when SuperMom didn't kick in fast enough.

'Nuff said.

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

Way to go Super-Mom!

Susan and Lee said...

That is so funny. I wish my son like brushing his teeth. He is however beginning to love the potty. Check out our blog.

Susan

Dusty Takle said...

I'm just thankful that baby teeth do, indeed, fall out. Lord knows, my kids need a second chance at good-lookin', CLEAN teeth.

Natalie said...

I can totally envision you leaping through the air! I laughed about that one. Can't wait til that stage of life :)

Unknown said...

All I can think about is the times we don't see our kiddos in time (or at all!) to stop this kind of thing--yuck. Thank God for immune systems, eh?

Aimee said...

Thanks for the welcome! He really is a big baby!

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

Score one for Super-Mom! Nice save. And for this one you can truly rest assured that he WILL thank you later.

Amy said...

Oh my! That's funny!

You have to go to Twitter.com and set up an account. I update from there. Hope this helps. Let me know if you're still confused.

Mocha with Linda said...

Oh my. I wonder how many times he had done it before you heard him and caught him. Too funny! Of such things healthy immune systems are made of!

Growin' with it said...

Ahh, the life of a mom to a b-o-y! Cute post.

Jennifer said...

I have a little one who likes to play in the potty @ times too..
Oh, the things that happen while we're on the phone!
Thanks for visiting my blog a while back - I just now saw your comment! LOL
Have a great day!
Jennifer

Jen said...

OMG!!!! I hope that was just the first attempt in the toilet bowl!!! Hope you have a great weekend!!!

Tracy said...

Just found you by way of Natalie's blog...what a hilarious post! Way to go supermom! = ) Looking forward to stopping by again, soon!

Blessings,
Tracy

Kimberly said...

hee hee
Life as a mommy is WAY more adventurous than we ever realized it would be, huh?
:)
Hope you have a terrific, toilet-adventure-free weekend!

Natalie said...

If I started my own web design I'd only be able to service those bloggies who desired to have only scrolling text. However, I'm sure there's a way to do blinking text too! Ha!

Regina said...

Thats too funny!! Glad you caught him. . .yuck if you didn't :-)

Anonymous said...

Just be glad the boy wants to brush his teeth. I have to stand guard over my boy on a daily basis!

Kelli

Alene said...

Crack me up! Thanks for sharing. Motherhood is always an adventure. Blessings.

Jennifer said...

That is hilarous. Like a Bird, Like a Plane, Its Tidy Bowl Mom. I love your blog by the way. I found you through Kathi's