Thursday, April 23, 2009

One Week Old

I can't believe Asher is one week old today. Steven and I took him for his first check up today. He weighed 7 lbs. 5 oz. which is just 2 oz. less than his birth weight. He didn't get any shots, thank goodness. After we left the doctor, Steven took us to eat mexican. It was soooo good. Asher slept and we were able to have a very enjoyable lunch. Then we took Asher to W*l-Mart for the first time! You know what the bible says.....Train up a child...=)
So far, he is a very easy baby. I told mom the other day, if I didn't know any better, I'd say he's putting himself on a schedule. He eats right at every 3 hours. He's nursing very well but we are supplementing with some formula.
I'm recovering. Thank goodness for my mom and dad. All I've had to do is nurse Asher and rest. My dad went home today but Mom is staying a few more days. My sister and nephew and some others are suppose to come tomorrow night. It should be a fun weekend.

Here's a slideshow of some pictures from Asher's birth.

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Asher's birth
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow


Love y'all!

6 thoughts from Y*O*U:

TheDPGang said...

I loved the slide show. You look great - hope you are feeling okay and your recovery is going well. Baby Asher is just precious.

Mindy said...

That slideshow is great!
I love the one of your daugther crying -- that is precious! Asher is adorable.
Blessings!

sara said...

oh those pictures are so sweet! I love the one with his eyes fully open, so alert!!

what a beautiful family!!!

Amy said...

That slide show is so neat! Glad everyone is doing well! He's so cute!

Kaylan said...

I can't wait to see him in a few hours! Y'all all look so great in all the pictures!

The last picture of all the kids is so sweet!

Love you bunches

ocean mommy said...

He is beautiful! Your entire family is just precious...

Praying for you this weekend...

Hugs and love
steph.