Sunday, April 5, 2009

That's my boy!

I don't tend to share a lot of stories about Dougie here on the blog. He pretty much flies under the bloggy radar and when he does do something that's blog worthy, he usually makes me promise not to put it on the blog!

But he doesn't know about this, so it's fair game!

Last week, I was cleaning out and getting ready for the baby. Since we live in a 3 bedroom house, the 3 boys will be in one room hence the cleaning out! While cleaning out their closet, I found a backpack and duffle bag of Dougie's and it felt like he hadn't unpacked them. He used both bags a few weeks ago to spend the night at a friend's house so I expected to find his dirty clothes and socks in there. Now before I share what I found, let me tell you we live in a rural part of Ga. but our house is 'in town.' But his friend's house is in the country, like four wheel riding, in the mud, stay out all day, in the country.
Here's a picture of what I found in those bags:

  • a ball cap- standard for any boy!
  • bb's, but no bb gun.
  • pliers
  • 2 bungee cords
  • about 3 feet of rope
  • a crow bar- are you serious!?
  • 4 carabiners
  • and the all important camouflage wallet

The next time he packs to spend the night at his friend's house, you won't here me saying,

"As long as you have clean underwear and clothes for church, I don't care what's in your bags."

Not that I would've said that last time, I'm just sayin'.........

On another note, Dougie had his first baseball game this past Saturday. He's moved up into the pitching machine league and loves it! He's playing first base and loves it too! They won their first game 11-10 and Dougie hit a homerun to score the tying run!!!!! WOOHOO!

THAT'S MY BOY!!!

1 thoughts from Y*O*U:

Mindy said...

So funny! He was going to be prepared for whatever happened! =)