Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Cranberries, Olives and Brunswick Stew....Oh My!

Ok, I don't have anything great. I do have a post floating around in my head that was inspired by the Focus on the Family broadcast from today but I don't have the time to write it right now. But I have been experiencing some weird things lately, obviously related to pregnancy and food.
Here's pregnancy cravings summaries with my first 3:

Emma- no weird cravings but if I heard someone mention a specific food, I'd have to have it within the next day or 2.
Dougie- lemonade, the tarter the better! I remember going by a Chick-fil-a one morning on my way to school and getting a lemonade, it was 6:30 in the morning!!!
Caleb- cranberries, lemon-lime powerade and anything tart!

This time around, I'm having a mixture of all three! A few weeks ago, I couldn't get enough cranberries! I ate dried cranberries, yogurt covered cranberries and even baked a cran-apple crisp, just because I wanted more cranberries! Last week, I was eating pickles and green olives like crazy. I'll admit, I even drank a litle pickle juice one day!!! Hey, I'm just being r.e.a.l.!!!
But this weekend, the brunswick stew hit! I guess it was the memories of Octobers in Roswell. We had a Youth Day parade on the 2nd Sat. in October and our church always had a float. Then after the parade, the Masonic Lodge sold bbq plates and brunswick stew. We always took our plates home cause there was some UGA football to be watched! I remember those days with such fond memories and I was sharing them with Steven this past Saturday morning while eating some yummy pumpkin pancakes at IHOP. By lunch time, I had to have me some brunswick stew! So after UGA took care of Vandy, we went and got me some brunswick stew. If you don't know what I'm talking about, you can google it but anything that calls for potatoes and butterbeans in the recipe is not REAL brunswick stew, at least IMO!
My mom has given my grandmother's recipe and maybe tomorrow I'll make some for us to have during this craving enjoy. Who knows what I'll crave next.
So what about you, any weird cravings when you were expecting?

8 thoughts from Y*O*U:

BethAnne said...

Pregnancy does crazy things to you --- I always craved jalapenos - not good when you are pregnant

Mindy said...

I was alot like you with my girls -- if someone mentioned a food or if I saw the commercial - I had to have it!

With B - I craved Limeade and now I can take it or leave it.....I also dispised eggs in all three pregnancies..... They made me sick.

Mocha with Linda said...

I mostly had aversions because I was so sick. But with baby #1 it was a great summer for peaches, and I inhaled them.

Natalie said...

So funny how a woman's body completely transforms. I didn't really have many "cravings" however I eliminated all types of caffene from my diet...including Coke Icees. Come the 9th month...I caved. It was summer, hot, and muggy. It was the best Coke Icee I had EVER had!!

Fran said...

I guess I might have been on the boring side...I craved Taco Bell and chocolate milk. Of course not together! That would be NASTY! :)

Hollie said...

Girl! You are making me hungry for IHop!

Linda said...

Even though we are not having any more babies, after reading this post I wanted to be pregnant just so I could eat whatever I wanted, Oh wait, I do that now. :) Pregnancy hormones bring so much excitment to life don't they. Love the cravings list. Love some good tart Lemonade myself!
Blessings,
Linda

Angie @ Flibbertigibberish said...

Like you, if someone mentioned it, I needed it! And the sooner the better!

With Emma I craved tuna. She LOVES tuna to this day!

I don't remember what I craved with Addie.

With Joshua I craved Wendy's Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger! :)

With Brody I craved mandarin oranges 24/7. So weird!

For all pregnancies... I couldn't stand the sight, smell or taste of chicken! That was hard!