Monday, October 13, 2008

Pumpkin Bread!!!!

This recipe is one of my favorites! It comes directly from The Lady and Sons cookbook. Whenever Fall comes, I fall in love again with anything pumpkin and this Pumpkin Bread is the best I've ever had! I love to make mini-loaves and send some to my kids' teachers just as a way to bless them. When I taught a few years ago, I had a parent that would send me homemade goodies and it always made my day. Especially when some of the goodies were still warm!!! Now that will bless your heart and your tummy! This recipe will make 2 regular loaves, lots of mini-loaves or you can half the recipe.

Pumpkin Bread
3 C sugar
1 C vegetable oil
4 eggs
2 C canned pumpkin
2/3 C water
3 1/2 C all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 to 1/4 C chopped pecans or walnuts

Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour pan(s). Mix sugar and oil with mixer. Add eggs and blend. Add pumpkin and blend. Add water and blend. Combine remaining ingredients and add slowly. Fill pan(s) and bake for 1 hour or until golden brown. **Cook mini- loaves about 30-45 minutes.

I love to eat a slice or two for breakfast as well. Toast them in the toaster oven for a few minutes, spread a little or a lot of butter and enjoy with a cup of your favorite coffee. You'll be so glad you did!

Head over to Linda's for some more great Fall recipes!
Enjoy!

10 thoughts from Y*O*U:

sara said...

I love this recipe too! And when fall comes around, I wonder why I don't make it all year long!!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Do people still bake things for elementary teachers like that? I hope so. This recipe sounds really good. And I know we're not supposed to talk about healthy stuff in this meme, but pumpkin is actually very good for us. I love Fall! Thanks for contributing.

Susan and Lee said...

sounds yummy. I still have to make the vegetable soup. I really miss getting those homemade goodies from students too

Mocha with Linda said...

This looks really good. I'm not real big on pumpkin, but I need to make some for my husband.

Nana said...

Cheryl, I am so proud of you, I absolutley love anything pumpkin as well, especially pumpkin bread, and didn't know there was anyone else that felt the same way. We have more in comman than we realized. Love ya and Happy Pumpkin baking.

Susanne said...

Perfect for fall!

Amy said...

This sounds so good! I love fall!

I really enjoyed getting that sweet comment from Emma!

Natalie said...

All you have to say is the name Paula and my mouth begins to water.

Linda said...

Hey Cheryl,
I love Pumpkin anything so I am going to have to try this receipe. I have been MIA for a while and had no idea you had so much going on. I see the ticker at the top of your blog. Did I miss something????
Blessings,
Linda

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recipe. I am so gonna make some this weekend.

Kelli