Saturday, October 25, 2008

Friends.....



Thank you to Mindy for this sweet award. Even though Mindy and i have never met, I consider her a friend. She is a pastor's wife and I love to read her blog!
As part of this award, I have to answer the following questions:

Do you have the same friends as childhood?
I have 2 that I keep in contact with because our families are so close. But other than that, not really.
What do you value most about your friends?
honesty!!!! And being able to laugh and have a good time.
Are your friends your sounding boards?
To be honest, my husband is my first sounding board but I do have my sister, my mom and some other friends that I turn to for advice. I've even emailed a few pastor's wives that I 'met' through blogging to get their advice about ministry stuff.
What is your favorite activity to share with your friends?
I love attending women's conferences with friends because it's like a girls get away weekend and a get away weekend with God! You can never underestimate the bonding experience that traveling together will do for a friendship. :0)

I want to present this award to some friends:

Laura, my sister, even though she hasn't updated her blog in months!

Amy, a sorority sister and friend for life!

Natalie, a bloggy friend and fellow pastor's wife.

Shelley, a dear friend who has taught me so much about blended families!

5 thoughts from Y*O*U:

Jennifer said...

Cheryl! Thanks for your comment on my blog!... Are you kidding??nI'm lucky to have your kids in my life!! hahaha By the way, I had NO idea you were pregnant!!! YAY! Another baby in the family! Now valerie's baby will have a cousin her age!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

You know, I don't have many friends at all from childhood, but that's OK because my friends now are like sisters, and I don't have any bio sisters, so that's important to me.

Angie @ Flibbertigibberish said...

Congrats on the award! I totally agree about women's conferences. I'd go to one every weekend if there was one, if I could afford it, and if hubs would let me! :) Nothing like a whole weekend filled with friends and Jesus!

Natalie said...

Thanks so much, Cheryl!! You have become a great friend!

Fran said...

Awesome!! I have 2 older brothers and always wished I had that sister. God has blessed me with such wonderful friends and it makes me realize the value in good, good friends.