Wednesday, October 8, 2008

When he's 3, he'll join the CIA....

Yesterday, we had a major tragedy in our home.......the remote went missing! It was the weirdest thing. I was lying on the couch praying napping while Caleb was watching Handy Manny. The last time I saw the remote it was on the end table next to the couch.
Whenever Steven comes home for lunch, our routine is to eat at the breakfast bar and watch Fox News. He always gets the remote, because, well I don't know why he gets it because we don't change the channel but he likes to have it near by. Anywoo, when he came home yesterday, he couldn't find it. We looked in the obvious places but couldn't find it. We manually changed the channel and proceeded with lunch. After Steven left, I looked EVERYWHERE for the remote. Knowing Caleb's history of putting things in the trash, I even dug through the almost full trash bag to no avail.
When Emma and Dougie came home from school, they looked for it. We even spent about 20 minutes after supper last night trying to find the stupid remote. It was gone.

Today, Steven came home for lunch. I walked into the kitchen and there on the breakfast bar was the remote! "Where did you find it?" I asked. He looked at me and said, "I thought you found it." "I didn't find it, how did it get here?" I asked. He said, "I just walked over to the end table next to the couch and saw it sitting there!"
Caleb was sitting on the couch watching Barney.


7 thoughts from Y*O*U:

Anonymous said...

Girl, I feel your man's pain. I just have to have my Fox News! So glad a major disaster was diverted!

Kelli

P.S. Sorry it's been so long since I stopped by!

Natalie said...

I was hoping the "throwing things in the trash" phase would quickly bypass us. You have given me little hope. :)

Amy said...

That is so funny!!!

Nana said...

I love the baby gage and I look forward to watching him/her grow over the miles we are apart.

Mocha with Linda said...

"He always gets the remote, because, well I don't know why he gets it because we don't change the channel but he likes to have it near by" That cracked me up. He's a MAN, that's why!!

DeeDee said...

LOL
found your blog from the Married to the Ministry Blogroll. I am a pastor's wife too.

I have often said that we need a "beeper" on the remote LOL
Blessings,
DeeDee

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.